AML biometric identity verification. Biometric certification of your client to their ID documents
Being sure that your client is who they say they are is a huge challenge when it comes to anti-money laundering compliance. If you are either unable to meet a client or simply want to save time and prefer the security of using a biometric system and digital document check – this is your answer!
To fulfil your firm’s legal obligations, customer due diligence needs to go much further than checking the name, address and date of birth of your client. Which is why we offer AML biometric identity verification and digital document check as an add-on service to AMLCC. Please note – digital client onboarding should be incorporated into your firm’s overall approach to anti-money laundering and should not be seen as a stand alone AML solution.
AML biometric identity verification is a digital check of your client’s passport or driving licence against a series of liveness check images and a complete proof of address check. By removing the risk of human error, you get quick, accurate results to help you make an informed decision about your client.
The benefits of AML biometric identity verification
This service means less delays in onboarding your clients because you can’t meet them face to face. Because virtual AML biometric identity verification is more accurate than human judgement, you’re also reducing risk to your firm. Multi-point facial recognition and liveness detection give you the peace of mind that your client is who they say they are, while keeping your firm compliant with anti-money laundering regulations.
The AMLCC online platform saves every AML biometric identity verification report and attaches it to the relevant client if you have a full AMLCC subscription. With all the right documentation in one place, it’s easy to produce proof of your anti-money laundering compliance should your Supervisor need to see it. It’s also a convenient and secure way to file your client documents: the AMLCC platform is online so there’s no risk of software failure or computer error.
Our AML client identity validation service has a number of benefits compared to our competitors:
- there is no monthly or annual subscription to pay
- you can buy any number of checks – from 1 to 1,000+ – on a Pay As You Go basis
- Once purchased the checks are valid for 3 years rather than 1 year
How anti-money laundering biometric identity verification works
Digital AML biometric identity verification is a check of facial biometric data against your client’s passport or driving licence. Using multi-point face recognition and liveness anti-spoofing detection it returns a pass or fail result with nearly 90% accuracy.
To build on your certainty, the anti-money laundering biometric identity verification system also performs a false document check against your client’s ID security features.
Results for these checks are returned quickly and saved directly to your client’s ALMCC profile (if you have a full AMLCC subscription).
Once you have initiated a biometric ID verification check your client will:
- immediately receive a text message from AMLCC and an email from firstname.lastname@example.org explaining ‘You have an AMLCC ID confirmation request from your accountancy professional’ including the link to start the process
- Receive further text messages and emails every 24 hours (including how long they have left to expiry) if they do not respond to the initial requests
- Have 7 days to complete the verification process – please inform your client of this deadline as the request cannot be resent if it has expired after 7 days. You will need to send a new request (at your cost) if your client does not respond to the request within 7 days
The email mentioned above includes a demo video of what you have to do to complete an AMLCC ID verification request. Please watch our short demo video here.
One of our AMLCC Client Advisors
will call you
First we need a couple of details.